Yorfriends--marketing and advertising platform

Business Networking

Yorfriends_Internet Marketing and Advertising Site
Get more website traffic and sales at https://yorfriends.com
Bitcoin roulette UA-135960975-1

uperhero? We all know how that story ended | Forum

jokergreen
jokergreen Jul 12 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Kenny Chery scored 18 points, including six in the go-ahead run, and No. Air Max Scontate Uomo . 20 Baylor defeated No. 3 Kentucky 67-62 on Friday night in the same building where the NCAA Final Four will be played in April. The young Wildcats (7-2) had a 50-41 lead when Julius Randle, one of three Kentucky freshmen playing in their home state, had a slam dunk with 13 minutes left. Baylor (8-1) responded with a 15-5 run in which Chery, the junior college transfer who is now the Bears point guard, came up big. His two free throws with 6 minutes left put the Bears up 56-55 and they never trailed again. Randle had 16 points for Kentucky while Aaron Harrison had 15 and James Young 14 with four 3-pointers. Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson had 13 points each for the Bears, who beat Kentucky for the second straight year. Rico Gathers had 13 rebounds. Blue-clad Kentucky fans easily outnumbered those of the local team in what they certainly hope isnt their only trip to the Dallas Cowboys massive stadium this season. It will be much fuller in four months. With Baylors football team playing at home about 100 miles away Saturday with a chance to clinch the Big 12 title, and icy conditions that made driving treacherous from the Waco campus, the crowd was under 10,000. Plus, the game already scheduled to start after 9 p.m. local time started more than an hour after that. The Top 10-ranked womens teams from the two schools played four overtimes in the opener of the doubleheader. No. 5 Kentucky beat No. 9 Baylor 133-130 in the highest-scoring Division I womens game ever. It was the third straight season the Baylor and Kentucky men played. Last December, the Bears won 64-55 at Rupp Arena to end a 54-game home winning streak by Kentucky, which beat Baylor in an NCAA tournament regional final in March 2012. Kentucky trailed by nine points early, but recovered to tie the game at 27, 29, 31, 33 and 35 before Andrew Harrisons 3-pointer with 19 seconds left in the first half put the Wildcats up 38-35. They opened the second half with an 8-2 run. Baylor had a 16-7 lead after Jefferson had a rebound that led to his assist on Cherys jumper only 4:22 into the game. The Wildcats responded with a 15-7 run, and were down by only one after Aaron Harrisons third 3-pointer in less than 5 minutes. Youngs 3-pointer with 7 minutes left tied the game at 27. That was the first time Kentucky hadnt trailed since Young scored its first five points of the game for a 5-4 lead. Randle is from the Dallas area. The other Kentucky freshmen playing in their home state were 6-foot-6 twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison from Richmond, about 4 1/2 hours south, near Houston. Air Max 90 Ingrosso . The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year. Scarpe Air Max Scontate .I get texts: Do you know Drake? Have you met Drake? He sits there every night, he hears me cuss out the referees every night, Casey said, laughing.Hands-up to those surprised to learn Alex Rodgriguez confessed back in January to doing business with Miami steroid dealer Tony Bosch and using performance-enhancing drugs just as Major League Baseball alleged? Anyone? We didnt think so. Twenty-six years after Ben Johnson professed his innocence to a nation that desperately wanted to believe him. It doesnt take a cynic to roll their eyes in the face of busted athlete drug cheats who profess their innocence. We all know the script of the busted athlete who tries to position him or herself as the victim in a performance-enhancing drug witch hunt. It goes a little something like this: I have always prided myself on my ability to compete clean, I would never disrespect the game, my teammates, the fans and most of all my family. You know the rest. With a parade of all-stars from Marion Jones to Lance Armstrong to Ryan Braun, it was almost laughable that at this stage of things Alex Rodriguez thought he could convince anyone of his innocence, never mind the people who were out to get him. What we need to understand is that taking performance-enhancing drugs is a simple risk-reward proposition for a lot of athletes, during which time they understand the public plea they will have to make if they are accused or caught. So while we might wonder how athletes can so easily compromise their integrity by flat-out lying to the very people who have made them what they are, this part of the equation is settled long before the gotcha moment. Former Canadian sprinter Angeela Isajenko said it more than two decades ago during the Dubin Inquiry into drugs in sports when she described the athletes handbook for what to do when you are caught: deny, deny, deny. Air Max 720 Scontate. The few who have deviated from that script are far and few between. Years ago, I wrote a piece in The Globe and Mail which suggested it was difficult to know whether to cheer for Lance Armstrong, purely for the reason that he was so dominant in a sport that was well-known to be dirty. The vitriol I received in response from Armstrong fans, many of them cancer survivors who considered him a real-life hero, was unlike anything I have received before or since in my career. They were simply horrified that I could even entertain the idea that someone of his character and accomplishments might be a cheat. And besides, hed already faced-down his accusers in public and pledged his innocence. Did I really think he would let down the legions of people to whom he was nothing less than a superhero? We all know how that story ended. Im sure there are athletes who test positive or are accused via investigation of using performance-enhancing drugs and it all turns out to be a mistake. I just cant think of any. Alex Rodriguez lying and then eventually confessing to performance-enhancing drug use hardly qualifies as disappointment. And he may truly be as detestable as he seems. But in this case, hes not the worst of the worst. He was merely travelling down the same well-worn path of those who came before him. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
0 0 0
Referral Banner
Share:
Share this on: © 2020 Uptolike.ru. Проект группы PromoPult Политика конфиденциальности Обратная связь ×Close Embed code
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement
UA-135960975-1
Support Us