Promote your business

Yorfriends_Internet Marketing and Advertising Site
Get more website traffic and sales at https://yorfriends.com
Link Popularity Tool - AddMe

ithin the offence," Cam | Forum

advertisement
jokergreen
jokergreen Jul 12 '19
OTTAWA - Jason Maas says he was looking for a new challenge. Hydro Flask Black Friday Sale .Hell get one with the Ottawa Redblacks.The Redblacks named Maas, a former star quarterback with the Edmonton Eskimos, as their new offensive co-ordinator on Monday.Basically it was feeling like I was ready to lead an offence, said Maas. I felt like I was ready as far as being able to implement a plan, implement an offence, teach an offence and get guys together for a common goal.The 39-year-old will be tasked with fixing a struggling offence that finished last overall in scoring (15.4 points per game) and rushing (82.4 yards) and seventh in total yards (300 per game) last season. The Redblacks finished their first season in the CFL with a 2-16 record.Maas, who replaces the fired Mike Gibson, chose not to criticize last years performance, despite what the numbers show.All I know is there was great effort, a young team and those are the two things that I was excited about working with when I got here, Maas said. Im not too concerned about what they did in the past here.Maas, 39, is best known for his playing days as a quarterback with the Edmonton Eskimos where he won Grey Cups in 2003 and 2005. He spent 11 seasons in the CFL.Most recently Maas worked with the Toronto Argonauts as a quarterbacks coach and a receivers coach.One of the question marks for the Redblacks next season is what role Henry Burris will play.Maas is just a few months older than Burris and knows his body of work well, seeing as their careers overlapped for a decade.Im excited to work with Henry, Maas said. I know he can play and can play at extremely high levels still.The one thing Maas wants to see from the team next season is discipline, hard work, communication and a commitment to being prepared every single day.Im an ultra positive person, but I believe in being demanding and being a hard worker, said Maas. Those are the things that Ill be expecting from the players we coach.Maas says he wants to see the Redblacks play prepared and be an offence that can play fast.Campbell and Maas are very familiar with one another from their time in Edmonton. Campbell worked as a defensive and special teams assistant coach during part of Maas tenure with the Eskimos.We didnt really have a timeline for filling this position, but we felt this was the right fit, said Campbell. Jason is a great communicator and hes ready to hit the ground running. His own experience will be invaluable. Hydro Flask Cyber Monday . The Asheville, N.C. native, who signed as a free agent with the CFL club last May, didnt see any action with Edmonton this season after opening the year on the injured list. Hydro Flask Cyber Monday Sale . LOUIS - Two-thirds of the St.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Bengals signed quarterback Jason Campbell to be Andy Daltons backup on Thursday, a move that brings the franchise full circle in several ways. Campbells broken collarbone with the Raiders midway through the 2011 season had deep reverberations in Cincinnati. The injury prompted then-Raiders coach Hue Jackson to lobby for a trade with the Bengals, who sent them Carson Palmer for a first-round pick and a conditional second-round pick. Palmer was holding out, saying hed never play again for the Bengals. Bengals owner Mike Brown was inclined to keep Palmer and make him sit out. The generous offer from Oakland forced him to reconsider. The Raiders got the trade but failed to reach the playoffs, Jackson was fired and Campbell moved on to Chicago. Jackson was rehired as an assistant in Cincinnati and was elevated to offensive co-ordinator when Jay Gruden left for Washington after last season. Campbells familiarity with Jackson was attractive to both the quarterback and the Bengals, who decided to sign their third backup in the last three years. "He reached out to me but he didnt want to be the forefront guy that was pushing this," Campbell said. "He wanted the other coaches to make sure they were on board to make the right decision. "I came in for aa visit and was able to connect, and I liked everything and the direction it was going in. Swell Black Friday Sale. " Campbell started his nine-year career with Washington. He also has played for Oakland, Chicago and Cleveland, where he started eight of the Browns last nine games last season. Dalton has been durable during his three seasons in Cincinnati, with Bruce Gradkowski and Josh Johnson getting little playing time. Johnson was the backup last season and got into two lopsided wins at the end, but didnt throw a pass. The Bengals have reached the playoffs in all three of Daltons seasons and lost in the first round. Dalton has struggled in two playoff losses at Houston and a 27-10 loss at home to San Diego last season. The Bengals think Campbells familiarity with Jacksons coaching methods can benefit Dalton in the transition to a new co-ordinator. Jackson is expected to emphasize the run more next season. "If he asks a question of what Hue is thinking or how did you do this before, I think those are some aspects that I can help him along with because of some of my experience within the offence," Campbell said. "That really pays dividends. "On the other side of it, this is a big year for him coming up. I can help with film study and being an extra set of eyes." Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Referral Banner
Share:

Advertisement

advertisement
https://c2611at8l137wre1zbrry8ndcd.hop.clickbank.net/