Yorfriends--marketing and advertising platform

Promote your business

Yorfriends_Internet Marketing and Advertising Site
Get more website traffic and sales at https://yorfriends.com
Link Popularity Tool - AddMe

but he also fell victim | Forum

jokergreen
jokergreen Jul 12 '19
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Bruce Matthews Youth Jersey . - The Houston Texans are facing a one-game season.At least thats how theyre approaching next weeks game at AFC South-leading Indianapolis.After outscoring Jacksonville 17-0 in the second half and winning 27-13 on Sunday, the Texans (7-6) wasted no time turning their attention to the Colts (9-4).A win would keep Houston in the division hunt and in the mix for a wild-card spot. A loss would end their AFC South title hopes and leave them on the verge of being eliminated from playoff contention.Everybody knows that this is our shot, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. You know what will happen if we lose a game, so every game is even more important than the last one. This one was huge for us and now we can look ahead to the next one, which will also be very big.Arguably the biggest.But the Texans head to Indy with a little extra confidence after winning consecutive games for the first time in nearly three months.Arian Foster ran for 127 yards and a touchdown, which came on a nifty cutback move after he demanded the ball, and star defensive end J.J. Watt was as disruptive as usual. The only real question for the Texans is whether receiver Andre Johnson will be back after leaving with a concussion.It was scary to see Andre lying there, Foster said. You saw the love and what he means to this team with all the players and coaches out there around him. It showed how much he means to our team. But I talked to him and he said hell be all right, so thats good.The Texans seemed a little shaken after Johnsons injury. They trailed 13-10 at halftime and were out of rhythm offensively.But Houston changed things up during the break and dominated the final 30 minutes.Jacksonville (2-11) managed just 4 yards in the third quarter and 73 in the second half. Houston controlled the ball for nearly 21 minutes after intermission, with more than a third of that coming on a 16-play, 84-yard touchdown drive that changed the momentum.Fosters 1-yard scoring run early in the fourth sealed the victory. After Fitzpatrick got stuffed on third down, the Texans lined up for a field goal before calling time out and opting to go for it. Foster emphatically told coach Bill OBrien he wanted the ball.Foster initially looked he would be stopped for a loss, but he eluded a tackle, headed in the other direction and high-stepped into the end zone.I was just screaming for him to give me the ball, Foster said.The Texans didnt gain any ground on Indianapolis, which edged Cleveland, but kept pace in muddled wild-card race.We are in a must-win situation now, said Watt, who finished with three sacks. We have strung two together and we need to continue to do it. We need to go on the road (at Indy) and try to do it again this week.Here are a few more things to know about the game:WILD WEATHER: Strong wind, misting rain and falling temperature kept many fans inside the club area and sent others home for the second half. The stands were less than half full after intermission, creating more perception problems for a franchise that has worked so hard to distance itself from blackouts and slumping ticket sales.WATT WATCH: Watt pretty much had his way with journeyman Sam Young, who replaced injured starter Austin Pasztor this week. Watt finished with three sacks, five quarterback hits and a pass defended. What more can you say? OBrien said. From a sideline view that I saw, he affected the game a great deal.LOW MORALE: For a team that should be used to losing, this one felt different. Jacksonville led 13-10 at the break and had momentum and the ball to start the second half. Thats when things unraveled. Its a difficult one, running back Toby Gerhart said. The morale is down in here, and that is hard for this team. Morale is never down. This is one we feel got away.ANOTHER PICK: A week after his first turnover-free game, Jaguars rookie Blake Bortles returned to form against Houston. Bortles threw his NFL-leading 15th interception late in the third quarter, which led to Fosters TD run.NOTEWORTHY: Foster topped the 100-yard mark for the 31st time in his career and the seventh time this season. ... Jaguars PK Josh Scobee became the first player in franchise history to score 1,000 points. ... Jacksonville now has lost 37 of its last 45 games, including 27 by double digits.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Kevin Byard Womens Jersey . 1-9 on TSN. With more than 65 hours of exclusive live coverage, TSN delivers all the action beginning with Draw 1 on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2 p. Steve McNair Titans Jersey .com) - Novak Djokovic captured a mens Open Era-record fifth Australian Open title on Sunday by defeating rival Andy Murray in the final in Melbourne.MONTREAL -- The wild fans, the history and the weight of expectations make the Montreal Canadiens a demanding team for any hockey coach, especially those with no NHL experience. But three who were in that position in the late 1990s and early 2000s -- Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien and Claude Julien -- have gone on to do some impressive things in the NHL. A victory in the Eastern Conference final between Vigneaults New York Rangers and Therrien, in his second stint with Montreal, will put one of them in a Stanley Cup final. Between the three men, they will have been to the final five times. In 2008, Therrien reached the final with the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing in six games to the Detroit Red Wings. In 2011, Juliens Boston Bruins defeated Vigneaults Vancouver Canucks to claim the Stanley Cup. And in 2013, Julien had the Bruins back in the final only to lose to the Chicago Blackhawks. All three have credited the chance they got to coach middling-to-weak Montreal teams with their later success, even if their head coaching prospects were in doubt when they were eventually let go by the Canadiens. "You never know about the future," said the 50-year-old Therrien, whose team is coming off a second-round win over Juliens Bruins. "We learned a lot when we were young and that goes with experience. "Having to deal a lot with you (reporters) is a big part of our job. But it goes through a process. It goes with experience. Myself, Alain, Claude, we were young coaches at the time and we learned a lot. We started in Montreal and, Alain and me, we almost took the same route. We went back to the minors and went back to junior and the American League. "So Im glad for the success (Vigneault) had in Vancouver and New York. That was a great learning experience as a young coach to start in Montreal." There were actually four inexperienced coaches in a row, as Mario Tremblay got it started when he replaced Jacques Demers in 1995. But while Tremblay later worked as an assistant, he never got another head coaching job. In 1997, Tremblay was replaced by Vigneault, a former Ottawa Senators assistant who had been coaching in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Viggneault was replaced midway through the 2000-01 campaign by Therrien, who in turn lost his job to Julien in 2003. Jeffery Simmons Titans Jersey. Vigneault was out of coaching for two seasons but returned with the junior P.E.I. Rocket before being named head coach of the Manitoba Moose, the Canucks AHL affiliate at the time. He was promoted to the Vancouver job to start the 2006-07 season and promptly took the Canucks to a division title and got the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL coach of the year, beating out Therrien and Buffalos Lindy Ruff. The Quebec City natives Canucks finished first overall in the NHL twice. But a drop-off last season saw Vancouver opt for former Rangers coach John Tortorella while Vigneault signed a five-year deal with New York. Now Vigneaults looking for another trip to the final. "My first NHL gig as a head coach was in a beautiful place, a Canadian city where hockey is passionate, hockey is demanding," the 53-year-old said. "Expectations were always very high, so I learned a lot. "I worked with some great people. It took me six years to get another kick at the can and obviously when I got my other chance, I used my experience in Montreal and my experience of going back to junior and also going to the American League and tried to help my new NHL team the best way I could. Now, this year, the Rangers have given me another opportunity and thats what Im trying to do." When Therrien left Montreal, he got a job coaching the Penguins farm club in Wilkes-Barre and was promoted to the NHL club on Dec. 15, 2005. He was fired suddenly on Feb. 15, 2009, one season after going to the final, in favour of Dan Bylsma. The new coach got Pittsburgh back to the final and avenged the defeat of Therriens team the year before by beating the Red Wings for the Cup. Therrien worked in television while waiting for his next chance, which came when new general manager Marc Bergevin hired him to return to the Canadiens at the start of last season. After Montreal, Julien was hired by the New Jersey Devils, but he also fell victim to a surprise firing late in the 2006-07 season despite a 47-24-8 record. The Bruins snapped him up the following season. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
0 0 0
Referral Banner
Share:
advertisement